What are your best memories about being a graduate student in the PPOL graduate program?
Meeting new friends, students, faculty and staff. Amazingly one of my best memories is my dissertation defense. Everyone was so calm, cool & collected and then it was over. It was like a dream.
What are the top 3 things you took away from the PPOL program?
• The program was intense, but not so competitive that you couldn’t trust fellow students.
• Faculty were generally great and willing to help.
• I enjoyed having the ability to take classes in so many disciplines.
What advice would you give new students about how to succeed in graduate school?
• Be prepared to work weekends! But make time for yourself.
• Don’t go it alone. Find a partner. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and seek help from everyone.
• Sign up for the dissertation boot camp
• Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Any suggestions or tips for job search and preparing for going on the job market?
It is much more difficult to find a job if you limit yourself geographically.