My research and teaching coalesce around issues of economic inequality, the American middle class, social movements, and religion.
- Fitzgerald, Scott T. (2014). “Is Equality the Goal? Challenging Economic Inequality in the U.S. and U.K " Pp, 51-62 in Emmanuelle Avril and Johann Neem, eds., Democracy, Participation and Contestation: Civil Society, Governance and the Future of Liberal Democracy. Taylor and Francis Press.
- Fitzgerald, Scott T. and Jennifer L. Glass. (2014). “Conservative Protestants, Normative Pathways, and Adult Attainment” Pp. 97-118 in Lisa A. Keister and Darren E. Sherkat, Eds. Religion and Inequality. Cambridge University Press.
- Leicht, Kevin T. and Scott T. Fitzgerald. (2014). Middle Class Meltdown in America: Causes, Consequences, and Remedies. Routledge Press.
- Leicht, Kevin T. and Scott T. Fitzgerald. (2014). “The Real Reason 60 is the new 30: Consumer Debt and Income Insecurity in the Late Middle Age” The Sociological Quarterly 55(2):236-260.
- Fitzgerald, Scott T. (2009). “Cooperative Collective Action: Faith-Based Community Development and the State.” Mobilization: The International Quarterly Review of Social Movement Research14(2):405-422.