Aileen's research interests are in policy impact evaluation, policy and technology transfer processes and agriculture and economic development. Her dissertation looks into how municipal governments influence one another’s governance of agricultural extension delivery
- Rejesus, R. M., Mutuc, M. E. M., Yasar, M., Lapitan, A. V., Palis, F. G. & Chi, T. T. N. (2012). Sending Vietnamese Rice Farmers Back to School: Further Evidence on the Impacts of Farmer Field Schools. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie. doi: 10.1111/j.1744-7976.2011.01242.x
- Singh, H.N., Pandey, S. & Lapitan, A. (2010). Diversification with special emphasis on rice varietal adoption. In A.K. Sharma, S.Wahab & R. Srivastava (Eds.), Agriculture Diversification. Problems and Perspectives .New Delhi: L.K. International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
- Palis, F.G., Rejesus, R.M., Lapitan, A.V., Chi, T.T. N., & Hossain, M. (2009).The Impact of Integrated Pest Management Information Dissemination Methods on Insecticide Use and Efﬁciency: Evidence from Rice Producers in South Vietnam. Review of Agricultural Economics, 31(4), 814–833.
- Lapitan, A.V. (2010, November). A Network Perspective on Transnational Policy Adoption using SNA: The Case of the Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA). Paper presented at the American Evaluation Association Conference. San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- Lapitan, A.V. (2009,October). How do equity and efficiency co-exist in redistributive policy: An evaluation of agrarian reform in the Philippines. Paper presented at the Southeastern Conference for Public Administration. Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- Lapitan, A.V. (2006, Aug). Impact assessment methodologies for an agrarian reform program: The case of CARP in the Philippines. Paper presented at “Concepts and Tools for Agricultural Research Evaluation and Impact Assessment,” IRRI TrainingWorkshop. Los Baños, Laguna Philippines.
- Lapitan, A.V. (2006, May). Patterns of modern rice varieties adoption and constraints in their diffusion: empirical evidence from Eastern India. Paper presented at The 36th Crop Science Society of the Philippines Scientific Conference. Puerto Princesa City, Palawan Philippines.
- Zolvinski, S. & Lapitan, A.V. (2005, Feb). Exploratory socio-economic survey of Samphanh District, Phongsaly Province Lao PDR. Paper presented at the Upland Research for Rice-Based Systems and Technology Dissemination Review and Planning Workshop. Huoy Khot, Luang Prabang, Lao PDR.
- Lapitan, A.V. (2005, May). Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) and rice farmers’ technology adoption decisions. Paper presented at “Enhancing Local Capabilities for Agriculture and Natural Resource Management,” Federation of Crop Science Societies of the Philippines (FCSSP) 18th Scientific Conference. Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines.