M.Sc. Environmental Economics. Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia. 2006.
Eleanora's research focuses on analyzing and designing social policies that contribute to reduce social inequity and promote human development in developing countries.
Eleonora's current research projects include evaluating the effectiveness of the strategies used to control illicit crops; analyzing smallholder households’ motivations to join this activity; and studying the effects of illicit crop clusters on neighboring municipalities.
- Public Economics
- International Society for the Study of Drug Policy Scholarship for Doctoral Students, ISSDP 2014
- Teaching Program for Doctoral Students Award, UNC Charlotte 2013
- Francisco José de Caldas Fellowship, Colciencias (Colombian Science and Technology Agency equivalent to NSF) 2012-2017
- Graduate Assistant Support Plan Award, Graduate School UNC Charlotte 2011-2014
- Davalos, E. (2016). New answers to an old problem: Social investment and coca crops in Colombia. International Journal of Drug Policy. Available at: http://www.ijdp.org/article/S0955-3959%2816%2930010-X/abstract
- Stearns, E., Bottia, M. C., Davalos, E., Mickelson, R. A., Moller, S., & Valentino, L. (2016). Demographic Characteristics of High School Math and Science Teachers and Girls Success in STEM. Social Problems, 3. Available at: http://socpro.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/01/08/socpro.spv027
- Davalos, E. (2007). Not so Sweet Sugar Cane. Desarrollo y Sociedad, 59, 117-164. Available at: https://ideas.repec.org/a/col/000090/004106.html
- Annual Meeting of the Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association—LACEA. October 2015 Santa Cruz, Bolivia. New answers to an old problem: Social investment and coca crops in Colombia
- Annual Conference of the International Society for the Study of Drug Policy, May 2014 Rome, Italy. New answers to an old problem: Social investment and coca crops in Colombia
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management Fall Research Conference, November 2013 Washington, DC. Is social investment the answer to illicit crop cultivation?
- Annual American Political Science Association Conference, September 2012 New Orleans, LA. Teenage pregnancy in Latin America: Does the political representation of women matter?
- Annual Midwest Political Science Association Conference, April 2012 Chicago, IL. Explaining the drivers of teenage pregnancy in Latin America