Public Administration, University of Illinois Springfield
When did you graduate?
What are your best memories about begin a graduate student in the PPOL graduate program?
- The opportunity to work as a research assistant for a project that later I wrote my dissertation on.
- The great faculty and courses from different departments.
- The Parties at Dr. Ingall's house.
What are the top 3 things you took away from the PPOL program?
- The interdisciplinary research approach
- The quantitative research method and knowledge on ArcGIS
- The friendship from my cohort
What advice would you give new students about how to succeed in graduate school?
- Work closely with professors to get some publications
Any suggestions or tips for job search and preparing for going on the job market?
A personal experience. People always say the importance of your first job, but employers always pay more attention to experience.